• Law and order situation of the settled districts of
• Law and order situation in the PATA District.
• Law order situation of FATA Agencies and Frontier
Regions in the Province.
• All matter connected with police establishment.
• General Administration of Prisons.
• Externment and deportation.
• Civil Defence.
• Commutation and remission of prisoners/convicts.
• Defence Planning.
• Registration of aliens.
• Matters connected with Armed Forces.
• Extension of Federal Acts/laws and rules to the FATA/PATA
areas in the Province.
• Admission of Tribal Students to professional colleges.
• Route permits and other transport affairs for tribal
• Visit of foreigners to Tribal Areas.
• Control on Arms.
• The function of law and order in FATA has been assigned
to Civil Secretariat FATA and is no more responsibility of
• Police Order 2002 promulgated and Provincial Police
Officer made ex-officio secretary of the provincial govt.
with autonomy in operational, administrative and financial
matters. Article 2 (vii-a)
• However, Chief Minister will exercise supervision
and superintendence on police in the province through Chief
Secretary and Home Department. Article 2 (vii-a)
• Home Department now looks after the law and order
of the following areas:-
• Settled/regular districts.
• Provincially administered tribal areas.
• Malakand protected area (Malakand agency).
• Other functions of Home Department like affairs of
Prisons, Prosecution , Civil Defence, movement and security
of foreigners, poppy cultivation and Afghan Refugees still
• At the district level magistracy has been abolished
and District Nazim is responsible for law and order.