- Planning development and control of industries,
including cottage industries.
- Industrial Research
- Industrial training (including training of demonstration
- Industrial exhibition within the country.
- Survey of industries.
- Trade and commerce, within the Province, including
Government commercial undertakings, Merchandise Marks
Act, railway freight, import and export, trade control,
capital issue, Insurance Act, Registration of Accountants,
Auditors Certificate Rules, Partnership Act, trade
condition reports, trade enquiries and agreements.
- All cases relating to Boilers Act, Patent and Designs
Act, Explosive Act and Companies Act.
- Registration of Joint Stock Companies, Firms, Societies.
- Store Purchase Department, purchase of stores and
capital goods including stores for Government
Presses and Public Works Department.
- The Provincial Advisory Panels for Industries and
- Chambers and Associations of Commerce and Industry.
Stationery and Printing
(a) Government Book Depots - supply of official publication
of the Provincial Government and exchange of publications
with Federal and other Provincial Governments;
(b) Purchase and servicing and condemnation of typewriters
(c) Establishment and budget of Provincial Presses
and Stationery Offices;
(d) Procurement of stationery (both indigenous and
imported and its supply to Departments);
(e) Monthly income and expenditure statements of Government
(f) Printing and binding at private and Government Presses;
(g) Local purchase of stationery;
(h) Printing and Stationery Manual; and
(i) Allocation of stationery to Departments and disposal
of waste papers.
All matters affecting labour in general:
(a) Welfare and conditions of labour;
(b) Labour Laws, both Federal and Provincial; and
(c) Labour Legislation (Provincial).
- All cases relating to Weights and Measures Act.
- Resettlement and Employment of demobilized personnel.
- Administration of Labour Courts and Labour Appellate
- Administration of Minimum Wages Boards.
- Technical Training Centres.
- Social Security Scheme.
- Technical Education and Research excluding Medical
and Agricultural Education.
- Services matters, except those entrusted to Establishment