Local Areas Authorities:-
Galliyat Development Authority.
Peshawar Development Authority.
Mardan Development Authority.
Swabi Development Authority.
Mansehra Development Authority.
Abbotabad Development Authority.
Kohat Development Authority.
Karak Development Authority.
Bannu Development Authority.
Dera Ismail Khan Development Authority.
Swat Development Authority.
Kaghan Development Authority.
1. Galliyat Development Authority (GDA)
· In 1961 under an Ordinance promulgated by the then Government of West Pakistan vide Law Department Notification No: Log.3 (8)/61 dated: 22-04-1961, the Rawalpindi & Hazara Hill Tract Improvement Trust was created and assigned the responsibility to develop the abandoned mini cantonments of Ghoradhakka, Khanspur, Changla Gali and Khaira Gali into hill resorts.
· In the year 1962/63 the above mentioned areas were handed over to HHTIT for developing into townships.
· In the year 1970 the towns of Nathiagali and Dungagali which were previously controlled by Notified Area Committee, were also handed over to defunct HHTIT
· In the year 1975, the Provincial Government also handed over the administrative control of Thandiani Hill Resort to defunct HHTIT
2. Peshawar Development Authority (PDA)
PDA is people-friendly principal planning and development authority of the Peshawar Metropolis, aims at providing and continuously improving metropolis-vide development works, facilities and services of acceptable standards to all without let or favor. PDA attempts to turn Peshawar into an "attainable city" with combined support of people, private sector and different level of the Government, where overwhelming majority enjoys convenient, healthful and satisfied living. Peshawar Development Authority is responsible for the planning, designing and implementation of various urban development projects in accordance with the function of Authority. Various directorates established for the purpose accomplish the assignment. From the inception of housing projects, planning and managing Water resources, designing Sanitation network, beautification of city area and planning of basic infrastructure of the city includes in objectives of PDA. PDA prepares and sanctions the town planning schemes, development plans, deals with urban transport, water supply, sanitation, development of new towns, roads, Infrastructure, parks and horticulture through execution of annual development projects to meet the civic requirements with highest life standards.
3. Mardan Development Authority
The Provincial Government under Section-15 (Urban Planning Acts-1975) Section-17 of the NWFP Urban Planning Ordinance-1978 created/established Mardan Development Authority in 1976 and further devolved to District Government under Section 182 sub-section-3 (b) of Local Government Ordinance 2001.
4. Swabi Development Authority
The Provincial Government created/established Swabi Development Authority vide Secretary LG Notification No. AO/LG/LCE/5-73/2002 Dated 5/9/2003 bifurcating MDA Mardan into MDA Mardan & SDA Swabi.
5. Mansehra Development Authority
Initially Hazara development authority was created as local area authority during May 1984 under the control of Provincial Urban Development Board (PUDB-Defunct) Government of NWFP. The objective was to provide planned housing schemes in the nearest premises of the Urban Centers, to develop and create additional housing units for the ever growing population.
Latter on after devolution in 2001, Hazara Dev: Authority was bifurcated into Abbottabad Dev: Authority (ADA) Abbottabad and Mansehra Dev: Authority (MDA) Mansehra. Since then MDA is working independently on self financed basis under the administrative control of Secretary Local Govt: Election and Rural Dev: Department KPK.
6. Abbotabad Development Authority
Hazara Development Authority was established in May, 1984 under the Administrative control of PUDB Ministry of PP&H NWFP whose objective was to provide better & well planned housing scheme on self finance basis.
7. Kohat Development Authority
The Provincial Urban Development Board NWFP Peshawar under Section 15 of the Urban Planning Ordinance 1978 (Urban Planning Act 1975) created the Local Area Authorities with a view to establishing Townships Schemes and execute developmental works in Urban Areas as assigned to it by the Federal/Provincial Governments, Local Bodies or any other agencies as a deposit works.
Accordingly, Kohat Dev: Authority Kohat was created vide Notification dated 16/12/1976 and Award for Phase-I announced on 27/9/1979. total land acquired for this Phase was 396 acres, 7 kanal & 10 marla. The cost of land according to PC-1 was Rs.90.548 million.
Subsequently, Award for Phase-II was announced on 10/06/1986. 670 acres land was acquired for this Phase. The cost of land according to PC-1 is Rs.380.647 million.
8. Karak Development Authority
· Work on planning and development of Karak Township started during the year 1989-90 under the control of Kohat Development Authority in 2008 this scheme was transferred to Karak Development Authority Karak
· Kohat Development Authority Kohat was bifurcated into two Authorities namely Kohat Development Authority Kohat & Karak Development Authority Karak on 5/4/2008.
9. Bannu Development Authority
· Bannu Development Authority was created by the defunct Provincial Urban Development Board under Section 15 of the Urban Planning Ordinance 1978 (Urban Planning Act 1975) with a view to establishing Townships Schemes and execute developmental works in Urban Areas of Bannu as assigned to it by the Federal/Provincial Governments, Local Bodies or any other agencies as a deposit works.
· The Authority was created for execution of housing scheme in the Bannu urban area due to the dire need of the people for housing scheme. The result being the scarcity of developed land in the vicinity of urban area and highest expensive land in the Bannu city.
10. Dera Ismail Khan Development Authority
—Established in 1988 covering:-
—Area Development Scheme D.I.Khan.
—Bannu Township Scheme Bannu (Phase-I)
—Bannu Township Scheme Bannu (Phase-II)
—Dabara Township Scheme Tank.
· —All the above schemes are successfully completed except Dabara township
· —In 2002, Dera Development Authority was divided into two independent halves i.e. Dera Development Authority, & Bannu Development Authority.
11. Swat Development Authority
It was established in 1989 under the PUDB (Provincial Urban Development Board) for development of urban and rural areas in district Swat.
Since 1989 the foundation of SDDA, major achievements are as under:-
Kanju Township Scheme
Bahrain Park at District Swat.
7-Marla Housing Scheme at District Buner.
7-Marla Housing Scheme at District Dir.
7-Marla Housing Scheme at District Chitral.
Swat Sport Stadium at District Swat.
Tameer Sarhad Programme Schemes in all over District Swat.
12. Kaghan Development Authority
The Authority was created in 1996
Implementation initiated in October 2010
Area of the valley spreads over on 161-KM towering Himalayans peaks, peaceful attractive lacks majestic glaciers and splashing water falls. It always provides a scenic and wonderful view to the eyes of visitors