| Home > Departments >
Population Welfare > Functions >
- Planning and development for the Population program
in the Province & its implementation.
- Monitoring Population activities and evaluation
of the program
- Collection, maintenance and analysis of Demographic
and Population Statistics.
- Organizing and operating information and education
for the furtherance of Population Welfare activities.
- Training, seminar, workshops on Population &
- Provision of FP services.
- Research in different aspects of the program
such as clinical, social, communication and demography.
- Promotion of Population Planning activities through
public sector agencies and infrastructure.
- Secretariat functions of the National Council
for Population Welfare Planning.
- Coordination with Line departments.
- The systematic introduction of Population education.
- Develop and launch advocacy campaigns
- Promote small family norms
- Reduce unmet need for FP services
- Ensure the provision of quality services
- Build strong partnership with concerned line ministries,
departments and private sector
- Bring attitudinal change
- Involvement of opinion leaders and religious scholars
- Expand FP services to underserved
- Ensure population education for school and college