8th March, 1§99.
No. PA/NWFP/Legis: 1/99/4839. The Galiyat Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 1999, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of North-West Frontier, Province on 16th February, 1999 and assented to by the Governor of North-West Frontier Province on the 3rd March, 1999, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Legislature of Norton-West Frontier Province.
THE GALIYAT DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1999.
(N.W.F.P. ACT NO. III OF 1999)
[First published after having received the assent of the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province in the Gazette of North-West Frontier Province (Extraordinary), dated
the 8th March, 1999].
to amend the Galiyat Development Authority Act, 1996.
WHEREAS it is expedient to amend the Galiyat Development Authority Act, 1996 (N.W.F.P Act No. VII of 1996), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.--- (1) This Act may be called the Galiyat Development Authority (Amendment) Act, 1999.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 9 of N.W.F.P Act No. VII of 1996.--- In the Galiyat Development Authority Act, 1996 (N.W.F.P Act No. VII of 1996), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in section 9, after sub-section (2) the following new sub-section
shall be added, namely:
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions contained in subsections (1) and (2), till such time as the Director General is appointed, the Commissioner, Hazara Division, shall also act as Director General of the Authority.
3. Amendment of section 13 of N.W.F.P Act VII of 1996.--- In the said Act, the existing section 13 shall be re-numbered as sub section (1) of section 13 and after sub-section (1) , as so renumbered, the following new sub-sections shall be added, namely:
"(2) A scheme prepared under sub section (1) shall be subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
(4) No excavation or land levelling in the area shall be made, except with the prior approval of the Authority.
(5) No construction, of whatsoever nature, shall be permissible in the area known as Lalazar situated between Nathiagali and Mukshpuri and on the main road leading from Abbottabad and Murree contrary to West Pakistan Highway Ordinance, 1959." .